Try this simple and easy recipe for Irish Tea Brack. Tea brack is part cake and part bread. It is great with a cup of Irish tea. Use whatever fruit you like. We used raisins.
This recipe calls for Barry's Tea. We tried it with Barry's Classic and it was great. It would work well with Barry's Gold as well.
8 fl.oz. (200ml) strong Barry's Tea
6 oz (175g) brown sugar
1lb (450g) mixed, dried fruit
1 egg (lightly beaten)
9 oz. (250g) plain flour
1/2 level teaspoon breadsoda
1. Put tea, sugar and dried fruit in a bowl, cover and leave to soak overnight.
2. Grease a 2 lbs. loaf tin.
3. Add the lightly beaten egg to the fruit mixture.
4. Sieve the flour and breadsoda together and fold into the mixture.
5. Turn into the prepared tin and bake for 1 1/2- 1 3/4 hours at 350°F (180°C) or Mark 4.
6. Cool on a wire tray and server sliced with butter.
Recipe courtesy of Barry's.