Today, a decadent dessert, Earl Grey Flourless Chocolate Truffle Cake, which is not difficult to make and tastes great. This recipe is a winner in the Dilmah Tea Australia Real High Tea Challenge 2011.
You can get a lot more great recipes using Dilmah Tea at the site.
500g dark chocolate (about 17 1.2 ounces)
300g almond meal (about 10 1/2 ounces)
300ml double cream (1 1/4 cup)
1 cup brown sugar
3 tbsp strong Dilmah Earl Grey Tea
2 tbsp finely ground Dilmah Earl Grey Tea
1. Preheat oven to 180˚C and grease a 20cm by 25cm cake tin.
2. Whisk cream to soft peak and add the liquid tea, set aside.
3. Melt chocolate in microwave on 50% power or over a double boiler, set aside.
4. In a large bowl add eggs and sugar and whisk over a double boiler until really tick. This will take about 10 – 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and add melted chocolate, cool slightly and add almond meal, ground tea and cream mixture, mix well. Pour into tray and bake for about 30 minutes until the top is slightly firm to the touch. Let it cool completely in the cake tin before turning out.
5. Cut into 3cm by 3cm squares and dust with cocoa powder and serve with a quinelle of creme fraiche infused with vanilla bean.
Take a moment to have some with family or friends. It will really taste better.
You can also try other brand of Earl Grey Blended teas.